Your Gift in Action!
May 2020 Service Stats
- 152 unique households (390 individuals) came to LARS for help
- 253 total client visits
- 27 new households (18%)
- 26 homeless individuals/families (self-identified)
- 403 bags of food distributed
- 3,288 diapers were distributed to 24 households for 31 babies
- 14 households assisted with rent, totaling $18,239
- Under the direction of Prince George’s County, Department of Social Services, LARS and five additional non-profit partner agencies are screening countywide requests (7,225 total requests) for rent and/or utility assistance through the county’s Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERA). Our case managers made initial outreach to 299 Emergency Rental Assistance cases (an additional 270 cases have been added in June).
- 9,051 lbs of food donated to LARS' pantry
- 8 unique volunteers contributed 30 hours of service