LARS is a non-proselytizing ecumenical ministry serving the Greater Laurel area by assisting homeless and low-income individuals and families who are experiencing a crisis by providing both emergency and long-term services designed to promote self-sufficiency.
Our Community Crisis Clinic, located just a few blocks from Main Street off of Route 1, offers support to families and individuals in parts of Prince George's (20707, 20708), Howard (20723), and Anne Arundel (20724) Counties. LARS is only able to assist clients residing in these four zip codes.
Hours of Operation:
Monday 9:00am - 2:00pm & 5:00pm - 7:30pm
Wednesday 9:00am - 2:00pm
Friday 9:00am - 2:00pm
**Please arrive at least one hour prior to closing to ensure that you are seen.
Success at the 9th Annual 5K Turkey Trot!
The 9th Annual Thanksgiving Morning 5K Turkey Trot & 1 Mile Historical Fun Walk was truly one of our BEST yet. We are completely overwhelmed by the amount of support and enthusiasm that this event continues to receive! Despite the COLD temperatures, we had close to 800 registrants and a strong support system of sponsors, volunteers, and city officials to make it all go smoothly!
Congratulations to our top finishers!
- James Blackwood (29) of Ellicott City, MD - 18:07 (5:50 pace)
- Brian Keane (36) of Dayton, MD - 19:05 (6:09 pace)
- Stuart Pineo (52) of Columbia, MD - 19:09 (6:10 pace)
- Joni Waldron (29) of Washington, DC - 20:36 (6:38 pace)
- Anna Steinman (23) of Salisbury, MD - 20:46 (6:41 pace)
- Deb Taylor (47) of Hanover, MD - 21:23 (6:53 pace)
Find your finish line photo on the LARS Facebook page, or visit the Turkey Trot Flickr album.
For more information about how to participate, sponsor, or volunteer at next year's event (our 10th ANNUAL!), please contact Laura Wellford at 301.776.0442 ext. 27 or email LWELLF0RD@LAURELADV0CACY.0RG.
LARS Food Pantry
Download a shopping list and challenge your child to fill up a basket for LARS next time you visit the grocery store!
Please keep LARS in mind as you clean out your own pantry, but no expired food please. Donations can be dropped off at LARS during business hours (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9-2pm and Monday evenings from 5-7:30pm). If you would like to hold a food drive on behalf of LARS at your workplace, congregation, school, neighborhood, or other organization, please contact Jennifer Asiedu at 301-776-0442 ext. 28.
* Please note: Due to limited storage, LARS cannot currently accomodate clothing or furniture donations. However, we do provide clothing and furniture vouchers to our clients to be used at the Laurel Thrift Store, so donations are always welcome there.
LARS also makes referrals to the following organizations in need of clothing and furniture donations:
Success in Style - Laurel, MD (Savage Mill)
Mission of Love Charities - Capitol Heights, MD
A Wider Circle - Bethesda, MD